What is ITIL?
The Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) is a set of useful practices for creating and improving an ITSM process. It is intended to help businesses manage risks, increase customer relations, establish cost-effective practices, and create stable IT environments for growth, scale, and change. In short, an ITIL Practitioner is an expert in continuously growing IT service development processes.
The main power of ITIL likes in its adaptability. The practices are scalable and adaptable, allowing organizations to take on as much or as few of them as they like. ITIL can even be modified to work in combination with other practices, including COBIT, Six Sigma, and TOGAF.
An important thing to have in mind is that ITIL is not built around a particular business model. Instead, it is based on the collective experience of IT professionals. It has been used over multiple applications, helped mainly by the fact that practically every industry in the world now depends on IT in one form or another.
So, it is a series of processes for improving and enhancing an IT service lifecycle. It helps to increase the skills of organizations, processes, and people, guaranteeing that when changes to technology or business practices leave them weak, they can change quickly and stay on top of the competition.
What is PRINCE2?
PRojects In a Controlled Environment (PRINCE2) is a methodology used in Project Management to improve Project management skills. It also helps in obtaining a useful output. PRINCE2 is a globally recognized certification for project managers and upcoming Project managers. This certification is widely used in the UK Government, but of late it is being used in individual sectors also.
One of the frequently-used project management methods, PRINCE2 is used by many people and organizations from different sectors and industries. It is practical, flexible, and innovative. Whatever project it may be, whether it is about constructing a flyover, developing software, or even setting forward an advertising drive, the themes, processes, and principles of PRINCE2 will assist you to realize all of them. This method refers to the public domain and provides a general but the best guidance for managing any project.
The Distinction between ITIL and PRINCE2
1. The IT Infrastructure Library or ‘ITIL’ is an IT-specific service management framework. ITIL pertains to IT service management.
PRINCE2 or PRojects IN Controlled Environments is a process-based method for effective project management.
2. Service management is encouraging and developing the services that are currently provided.
PRINCE2 is an actual standard used widely by the UK Government and is widely known and used in the private sector, both in the UK and internationally.
3. ITIL does not enough train Service Managers to bring projects to a satisfactory close, its focus being moderately on the provision of long-term services.
The method PRINCE2 is in the public domain, allowing non-proprietorial best practice guidance on project management.
4. ITIL assists Project Management by setting the guidelines that each release must adhere to concerning testing, acceptance scheduling, securing code, etc.
A project has, by definition, only a short lifespan.
5. ITIL is an IT program to maintenance and supporting specific situation.
PRINCE2 does not cover the support and development expected of an IT Service Manager after the design and implementation of the original product.
6. ITIL will take over from PRINCE2 to support and maintain the results.
Project Management is focused on the delivery of projects which may or may not appear in a statement within a defined scope, budget, and timeframe.
7. ITIL is a Process Management certification.
PRINCE2 is a project management certification.
8. ITIL Qualification constitutes different levels of Certification, which are as follows:
ITIL Intermediate (Service Lifecycle and Service Capability categories)
PRINCE2 Qualification represents different levels of Certification, which are as follows:
9. With the ITIL you set up IT standard.
Prince2 is about overall project management, so not unique to IT and applies to any industry.
10. ITIL requires something to manage it; that is, ITIL is the “What?” not the “How?”
Prince2 is suited to an IT project after the project is completed, and the organization uses the result.
11. ITIL focuses on operations and often ignores development or solutions. ITIL rarely ventures into project management or portfolio management, and it skips a lot of features of request management.
With the use of PRINCE2, you can manage any project and not needed for an IT project.
All the information and discussion shared above is just the tip of the glacier of information about ITIL and PRINCE2. This information will assist you in choosing your career options, particularly when you are standing at the crossroads of selecting the suitable one for your future.
I wish you all the best on your journey to pursuing excellence...!!!