You have to pass the PHRca exam to receive the certification from HRCI. To increase the effectiveness of your study and make you familiar with the actual exam pattern, we have prepared this HRCI HR Professional in Human Resources sample questions. Our Sample HRCI Professional in Human Resources - California Practice Exam will give you more insight about both the type and the difficulty level of the questions on the HRCI HR Professional in Human Resources exam.
However, we are strongly recommending practice with our Premium HRCI Professional in Human Resources - California (PHRca) Practice Exam to achieve the best score in your actual HRCI PHRca Exam. The premium practice exam questions are more comprehensive, exam oriented, scenario-based and exact match of HRCI Professional in Human Resources - California exam questions.
HRCI HR Professional in Human Resources Sample Questions:
01. Which federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities?
a) Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
b) Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA)
c) Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
d) Equal Pay Act (EPA)
02. In California, what is the maximum duration for paid family leave benefits under the State Disability Insurance (SDI) program?
a) 6 weeks
b) 4 weeks
c) 8 weeks
d) 12 weeks
03. What is the term used to describe the total value of employee compensation beyond their base salary?
a) Salary benchmarking
b) Total rewards
c) Salary compression
d) Salary inversion
04. According to the FLSA, what is the standard overtime rate for non-exempt employees who work more than 40 hours in a workweek?
a) 1.5 times the regular rate of pay
b) 1.25 times the regular rate of pay
c) 2 times the regular rate of pay
d) Overtime is not required to be paid under federal law
05. When terminating an employee in California, which of the following statements is correct?
a) Employers must provide written notice of termination within 48 hours.
b) Employers must pay the final paycheck immediately upon termination.
c) Employers are not required to provide a reason for termination.
d) Employers must allow the employee to take personal belongings from the workplace.
06. Which state agency in California is responsible for enforcing wage and hour laws?
a) California Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH)
b) California Department of Industrial Relations (DIR)
c) California Employment Development Department (EDD)
d) California Labor Commissioner's Office
07. What is the maximum duration for pregnancy disability leave under the California Pregnancy Disability Leave Law?
a) 6 weeks
b) 8 weeks
c) 12 weeks
d) 16 weeks
08. In the context of compensation, what does the term "base pay" refer to?
a) Additional compensation provided based on performance
b) The minimum wage required by law
c) The fixed amount of money an employee receives for their work
d) Overtime pay for non-exempt employees
09. Which federal law requires covered employers to provide employees with reasonable break time and a private space to express breast milk?
a) Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
b) Equal Pay Act (EPA)
c) Pregnancy Discrimination Act (PDA)
d) Affordable Care Act (ACA)
10. Under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), which of the following employees is generally exempt from overtime pay requirements?
a) Non-exempt employees
b) Salaried employees
c) Part-time employees
d) Unionized employees
If you find any errors or typos in HRCI Professional in Human Resources - California (PHRca) sample question-answers or online HRCI HR Professional in Human Resources practice exam, please report them to us on firstname.lastname@example.org