1) Which aspect of project performance must be managed in order to have a clear understanding of what the project is to deliver?
2) Which process is triggered by the project manager's request to initiate a project?
a) Starting up a project
b) Initiating a project
c) Directing a project
d) Managing a stage boundary
3) Which is a benefit of applying the 'manage by stages' principle?
a) The project management team will understand the tolerances allowed
b) The project management team will understand the customer's expectations
c) The project will have review and decision points so that progress can be assessed
d) The key stakeholders in the project will have representation on the project board
4) What does the 'initiating a project' process provide?
a) Information for the project board to decide if the project is aligned to business objectives
b) Approval from the project board to proceed with the project, if it is worthwhile
c) Approval from the project manager for work to be started by delivery teams
d) Definition of the suppliers' obligations for controlling the work package delivery
5) What must be recorded in the quality management approach, as a minimum requirement for applying the quality theme?
a) The quality tools and techniques to be used
b) The project's approach to quality planning
c) The approach to managing project assurance
d) The definition of the quality records required
6) In which process are team plans produced?
a) Initiating a project
b) Controlling a stage
c) Managing a stage boundary
d) Managing product delivery
7) Which activity can take place within the 'managing a stage boundary' process?
a) Produce highlight reports
b) Take corrective action within stage tolerances
c) Produce an exception plan
d) Authorize a stage plan for the next stage
8) How is the 'learn from experience' principle applied?
a) By reviewing the management of previous projects
b) By defining the customer's expectations of the project's products
c) By defining cost tolerances for project objectives
d) By delegating responsibilities to a different level of management
9) What must be used, as a minimum requirement for applying the progress theme?
a) Stage authorization
b) Highlight reporting
c) Work package authorization
d) Checkpoint reporting
10) How is the 'manage by exception' principle applied?
a) By dividing the project into a minimum of two management stages
b) By setting controls to warn the higher level of management of potential problems
c) By ensuring that the project continues to be desirable, viable and achievable
d) By providing lessons so that mistakes made in previous projects do not happen