Six Sigma quality assurance approach and strategies have undoubtedly set a benchmark for excellence. It has been executed by merely elevating the requirements of high quality via implementation of a methodical high-quality administration strategy.
Quality system steered by Six Sigma has created fairly a buzz in nearly each industry together with healthcare, retail, BPO and so forth. Such state-of-the-art strategies are developed with the only real goal of testing the essential services and products to be sure that they're fulfilling the standards of desired requirements and buyer’s expectations pertaining to the merchandise are efficiently met. With the ever rising demand of high quality merchandise, Six Sigma quality administration has change into the prime concern for organizations everywhere in the world for survival and profitability.
Six Sigma Green Belt approach is not only about making certain quality in manufacturing, but additionally about promising and delivering high quality. Promising high quality is all about assuring the very important clients that the companies and merchandise being supplied are of highest quality. For delivering high quality constantly, it's of paramount significance to adapt to the industry-approved testing strategies and methodologies. It's the job of high quality assurance workplace to take care of all such facets of product improvement and ship excellence. Let’s take a look at the roles and tasks of a high quality assurance officer-
Roles and Responsibilities of Quality Assurance Officer
- He's accountable to make sure the standard of products and services; and thereby care for all the means of QA in software development cycle.
- It's a quality assurance officer’s lookout to take care of the excessive requirements of a services or products.
- Some of the necessary tasks are that he has to improve the already set QA requirements which are already set.
- He's additionally accountable to over-view gross sales statistics and takes a look at the possible drops in sales because of a not-so-good quality of services.
- It's the accountability of the QA officer to make it possible for the definition of high quality is known by all the staff to attain the frequent aim.