01. Where will a project manager find information on how the project’s product characteristics can be changed?
a) Configuration Management System
b) Project charter
c) Project scope
d) Change Control Board
02. All of the following are needed as part of archiving a project except for which one?
a) Project-wide databases
b) Historical databases
c) Financial records
d) Commercial databases
03. You are the project manager for a new software development project for a client. You are explaining to the client the approach you’ll use to identify, plan, and manage the risks within the project. Which best describes when risk identification occurs?
a) As scheduled by the risk management plan
c) During project initiation
d) Early in the project
04. During the initial project team meeting, the project manager and the project team established ground rules for how project team meetings would operate. Tina, a project team member, is not obeying the project rules. Who has the responsibility to enforce the rules?
a) The project manager
b) The project sponsor
c) The project team
d) The human resources department
05. Management wants you, the project manager, to create a matrix to quickly show the probability of each risk in your project. What is management asking for?
a) A Probability and Impact Matrix
b) A Risk Rating Matrix
c) RAG Rating Matrix
d) Risk Owners Matrix
06. What percentage of a project manager’s time is likely dedicated to project management in a strong matrix?
07. Which of the following is not an example of contributing to the project management knowledge base?
a) Giving a lecture on project risk management
b) Writing articles on project management topics
c) Referring a friend to the PMI web site for information on obtaining the PMP title
d) Publishing a book on project management methodologies
08. In most projects change is inevitable. Change for time, cost, scope, and even contracts must be captured, analyzed, and incorporated into the project plan. What system controls changes within a project?
a) Change Control System
b) Change Control Board
c) Cost Change Control System
d) Change Approval System
09. While it’s not a project initiation activity, most projects can benefit from a project kickoff meeting. What’s the goal of the project kick-of meeting?
a) It allows the project manager to facilitate their expert power.
b) It allows the project manager, the project team, and the key stakeholders to meet one another.
c) It introduces the project goal.
d) It allows the project manager to gain commitment from the project team and key stakeholders for the project.
10. One of the most important processes of risk management is risk identification. When does the risk identification conclude?
a) Planning process group
b) Execution process group
c) Closing process group
d) When the project customer deems all the risks have been identified.