1. Data transforms are often used prior to and after invoking the connector. What is the purpose of the data transforms?
a) Set authentication data for the request
b) Invoke parse rules on the connector response
c) Map data to the application data structure
d) Map data from the protocol-specific response format
2. You have designed a decision tree that you want to unit test. You want to verify that every row can be evaluated regardless
of the input values. How would you test your decision tree?
a) Use a test page to run the decision tree.
b) Check the decision tree for completeness.
c) Add the decision tree to a decision shape and create cases using various test values.
d) Check the decision tree for conflicts.
3. An organization wants to automate its existing expense reporting process. Which two actions should the organization take in order to follow Pega’s best practices for application design?
a) Build and test the application before rolling it out for review by interested parties to ensure the application is ready for release.
b) Identify the departments responsible for the application design and have them work independently to enhance organizational efficiency.
c) Build the required features as soon as they are needed during application development to keep the project moving quickly.
d) Use DCO to enter business requirements for the application to facilitate direct engagement of IT and business resources.
4. A connector is used to ___________.
a) Identify an outcome of a decision.
b) Indicate an automated action performed by the application.
c) Indicate an event handled by a user.
d) Identify the order of events in a process.
e) Indicate possible branches of a process.
5. Select the three true statements about the use of a BLOB field.
a) A BLOB automatically exposes properties for reporting.
b) A BLOB provides flexibility by avoiding the need for schema changes when the data model changes.
c) A BLOB can store an object of any size.
d) A BLOB allows an application to read or write an entire case in one database transaction.
e) Case data can only be stored in a BLOB.
6. You use the Clipboard tool to perform which two tasks?
a) Test a rule to determine whether the rule executes correctly.
b) Test case behavior by setting property values for an open case.
c) Review the current values of case data.
d) Test whether a declarative expression properly calculates a target value.
7. What three questions can you ask to help you plan user views?
a) Can users modify the values or only read the values?
b) What fields do users need to see?
c) Will the information be stored in an external database?
d) How will users enter values in those fields?
e) Will users want to see information displayed using different styles?
8. A requirement states that you must add a control that shows a list of book titles. The titles change on a daily basis. The book records are maintained on a database. The control must show the most current information. The organization schedules updates to the application on a weekly basis.
Which of the following configurations would you use?
a) Add a drop-down control and source the list using a data page.
b) Add a drop-down control and use a list of items in the control's property
c) Add a radio button control that identifies each employee with a button.
d) Add a drop-down control and source the list using the property that identifies the items in the list.
9. Business metrics are used to __________.
a) provide statistics on how work is performed in Pega applications
b) manage data instances for an application
c) describe and measure what the organization's work is
d) define the data types for an application
10. Which statement best describes the role of the base rule in circumstancing?
a) The base rule is a template, used to create all of the circumstanced variants.
b) The base rule is used if no circumstanced variant applies.
c) The base rule describes case behavior in effect until a certain date.
d) The base rule lists all of the properties for which a rule can be circumstanced.