To achieve the professional designation of ISTQB Certified Tester - Model-Based Tester from the ISTQB, candidates must clear the CT-MBT Exam with the minimum cut-off score. For those who wish to pass the ISTQB Model-Based Tester certification exam with good percentage, please take a look at the following reference document detailing what should be included in ISTQB CT - Model-Based Tester Exam preparation.
The ISTQB CT-MBT Exam Summary, Body of Knowledge (BOK), Sample Question Bank and Practice Exam provide the basis for the real ISTQB Certified Tester - Model-Based Tester (CT-MBT) exam. We have designed these resources to help you get ready to take ISTQB Certified Tester - Model-Based Tester (CT-MBT) exam. If you have made the decision to become a certified professional, we suggest you take authorized training and prepare with our online premium ISTQB Model-Based Tester Practice Exam to achieve the best result.
ISTQB CT-MBT Exam Summary:
|Exam Name||ISTQB Certified Tester - Model-Based Tester|
|Exam Fee||USD $199|
|Exam Duration||60 Minutes|
|Number of Questions||40|
|Format||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Schedule Exam||Pearson VUE|
|Sample Questions||ISTQB CT - Model-Based Tester Exam Sample Questions and Answers|
|Practice Exam||ISTQB Certified Tester - Model-Based Tester (CT-MBT) Practice Test|
ISTQB Model-Based Tester Syllabus Topics:
Introduction to Model-Based Testing - 90 mins.
|Objectives and Motivations for MBT||
- Describe expected benefits of MBT
- Describe misleading expectations and pitfalls of MBT
|MBT Activities and Artifacts in the Fundamental Test Process||
- Summarize the activities specific to MBT when deployed in a test process
- Recall the essential MBT artifacts (inputs and outputs)
|Integrating MBT into the Software Development Lifecycle||
- Explain how MBT integrates into software development lifecycle processes
- Explain how MBT supports requirements engineering
MBT Modeling - 250 mins.
- Develop a simple MBT model for a test object and predefined test objectives using a workflow-based modeling language (refer to section 9.1 – "simple" means less than 15 modeling elements)
- Develop a simple MBT model for a test object and predefined test objectives using a state transition-based modeling language (refer to section 9.2 – "simple" means less than 15 modeling elements)
- Classify an MBT model with respect to the subject and to the focus
- Give examples of how an MBT model depends on the test objectives
|Languages for MBT Models||
- Recall examples of modeling language categories commonly used for MBT
- Recall typical representatives of modeling language categories relevant for different systems and project objectives
|Good Practices for MBT Modeling Activities||
- Recall quality characteristics for MBT models
- Describe classic mistakes and pitfalls during modeling activities for MBT
- Explain the advantages of linking requirements and process related information to the MBT model
- Explain the necessity of guidelines for MBT modeling
- Provide examples where reuse of existing models (from requirements phase or development phase) is or is not appropriate
- Recall tool types supporting specific MBT modeling activities
- Summarize iterative MBT model development, review and validation
Selection Criteria for Test Case Generation - 205 mins.
|Classification of MBT Test Selection Criteria||
- Classify the various families of test selection criteria used for test generation from models
- Generate test cases from an MBT model to achieve given test objectives in a given context
- Provide examples of model coverage, data-related, pattern- and scenario-based and project-based test selection criteria
- Recognize how MBT test selection criteria relate to ISTQB Foundation Level test design techniques
|Applying Test Selection Criteria||
- Recall degrees of test artifact generation automation
- Apply given test selection criteria to a given MBT model
- Describe good practices of MBT test selection criteria
MBT Test Implementation and Execution - 120 mins.
|Specifics of MBT Test Implementation and Execution||
- Explain the difference between abstract and concrete test cases in the MBT context
- Explain the different kinds of test execution in the MBT context
- Perform updates of an MBT model and test generation caused by changes in requirements, test objects or test objectives
|Activities of Test Adaptation in MBT||- Explain which kind of test adaptation may be necessary for test execution in MBT|
Evaluating and Deploying an MBT Approach - 60 mins.
|Evaluate an MBT Deployment||
- Describe ROI factors for MBT introduction
- Explain how the objectives of the project are related to the characteristics of the MBT approach
- Recall selected metrics and key performance indicators to measure the progress and results of MBT activities
|Manage and Monitor the Deployment of an MBT Approach||
- Recall good practices for test management, change management and collaborative work when deploying MBT
- Recall cost factors of MBT
- Give examples of the integration of the MBT tool with configuration management, requirements management, test management and test automation tools
Both ISTQB and veterans who’ve earned multiple certifications maintain that the best preparation for a ISTQB CT-MBT professional certification exam is practical experience, hands-on training and practice exam. This is the most effective way to gain in-depth understanding of ISTQB CT - Model-Based Tester concepts. When you understand techniques, it helps you retain ISTQB Model-Based Tester knowledge and recall that when needed.