01. A CEO asks the VP of HR to recommend talent-rich countries to consider for global expansion and to consider cost as part of the recommendation. When identifying potential countries, which is most important for the VP of HR to consider?
a) Each country's employment laws and regulations
b) Availability and compatibility of HRIS platforms
c) The company's readiness to deploy expatriates
d) Culture and language training needs
02. An HR manager meets with the area supervisor and an employee who has limited head mobility due to a work-related injury to discuss potential accommodations. The employee suggests building steps at one of the workstations in an assembly line so the employee does not have to look upward. After considering other workers' traffic patterns, everyone except the employee concludes adding stairs will introduce a tripping hazard and decrease the safety of other workers. The employee threatens to file a lawsuit claiming the company did not adequately explore the employee's suggested accommodation. Which action should the HR manager take to reduce the likelihood that the employee will file a lawsuit?
a) Place stairs on the assembly line temporarily so the worker can see the danger they pose to other workers.
b) Obtain a professional safety engineering analysis of the impact and feasibility of building the steps.
c) Ask other workers whether they think the steps will be a hazard before concluding the review.
d) Allow the employee to use the stairs under the condition that they will be removed if other employees complained about them.
03. Which test most effectively identifies potential high-performing leaders in a collaborative work environment?
c) Work sample
d) Emotional intelligence
04. After the recent implementation of a new human capital management platform, a CEO requests people analytics data. Which action should the HR manager take first?
a) Direct the HR analyst to extract and summarize relevant data.
b) Develop a suite of analytical reports that focus on employee performance.
c) Train interested stakeholders on self-service options and decentralized capabilities.
d) Ask business partners to identify key metrics that link business strategy to outcomes.
05. An HR manager prepares for a budget meeting with multiple teams to determine departmental budget allocations. Which bargaining strategy should the HR manager use to achieve a mutually beneficial decision?
06. Which incentive plan is most likely to cause frustration to higher-performing employees?
b) Behavioral encouragement
c) Gain sharing
d) Profit sharing
07. Recently, HR has received complaints about the fairness of the CEO's compensation. Which should the HR manager do first to ensure that the executive compensation practices of the company are fair?
a) Identify the rewards being offered to incentivize long-term goals.
b) Determine which objectives are being used to evaluate executives.
c) Analyze the company culture and compensation structure history.
d) Confirm the plan is balanced with long-term and short-term incentives.
08. Scenario: A manufacturer has secured a contract from a large hospital to build and supply operating room equipment. The hospital specifies the steps in the manufacturing and quality control processes that it expects, and the manufacturing company has contractually committed to meet these specifications. The production line employees discover that they can skip one of the steps in the quality control process when building respirators without any noticeable change in the final product. The client unknowingly accepts the finished respirators as meeting specifications. During an exit interview, a departing employee reveals to the senior HR director that his entire unit is skipping a critical step in the quality control process for building the respirators. No one in the production’s supervisory line or management is aware this is happening.
What is the first thing the HR director should do?
a) Confer with counsel's office to determine what information should reported to the hospital.
b) Review the business case to determine if eliminating this step causes product failure.
c) Report information to the operations manager to decide how to proceed.
d) Initiate an investigation to swiftly determine the accuracy of employee's claim.
09. Which is the best way to address the lack of diversity within organizational units?
a) Implement incentives to employees for candidate referrals.
b) Confirm that recruiters incorporate diversity policy into the recruitment process.
c) Consult legal to mitigate discrimination claims in hiring.
d) Develop a diversity initiative with targeted hiring objectives.
10. Which measure shows how much more valuable an organization has become because of its investment in human capital?
a) Human economic value added
b) Return on investment
c) Human capital value added
d) Human capital return on investment