To achieve the professional designation of ISTQB Certified Tester Usability Testing from the ISTQB, candidates must clear the CT-UT Exam with the minimum cut-off score. For those who wish to pass the ISTQB Usability Testing certification exam with good percentage, please take a look at the following reference document detailing what should be included in ISTQB CTFL - Usability Testing Exam preparation.
The ISTQB CT-UT Exam Summary, Body of Knowledge (BOK), Sample Question Bank and Practice Exam provide the basis for the real ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level - Usability Testing (CT-UT) exam. We have designed these resources to help you get ready to take ISTQB Certified Tester Usability Testing (CT-UT) exam. If you have made the decision to become a certified professional, we suggest you take authorized training and prepare with our online premium ISTQB Usability Testing Practice Exam to achieve the best result.
ISTQB CT-UT Exam Summary:
|Exam Name||ISTQB Certified Tester Usability Testing|
|Exam Fee||USD $199|
|Exam Duration||60 Minutes|
|Number of Questions||40|
|Format||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Schedule Exam||Pearson VUE|
|Sample Questions||ISTQB CTFL - Usability Testing Exam Sample Questions and Answers|
|Practice Exam||ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level - Usability Testing (CT-UT) Practice Test|
ISTQB Usability Testing Syllabus Topics:
Basic Concepts - 200 mins.
- Understand the concepts of usability, user experience and accessibility (45 mins)
- Understand the objectives of usability, user experience and accessibility evaluation (30 mins)
|Evaluating Usability, User Experience and Accessibility||
- Compare usability, user experience and accessibility evaluation (25 mins)
- Understand the three approaches to usability, user experience and accessibility evaluation: Usability review, usability testing and quantitative user surveys for satisfaction measurement (40 mins)
- Understand the differences between formative (qualitative) and summative (quantitative) usability evaluation (15 mins)
|Usability Evaluation in Human-Centered Design||
- Understand the key elements of human-centered evaluation (15 mins)
- Understand the human-centered design process (15 mins)
- Understand the usability evaluation approaches that work well in agile software development lifecycles (15 mins)
Risks in Usability, User Experience and Accessibility - 80 mins.
- Understand typical usability, user experience, and accessibility risks (20 mins)
- Analyze a given project at the design or evaluation stage, and identify the types of usability risks that are likely to occur (60 mins)
Usability and Accessibility Standards - 105 mins.
|Usability Standards and Manufacturer Guidelines||- Understand the general content and applicability of ISO usability standards and manufacturer guidelines to particular types of project/application (45 mins)|
- Understand the general content and applicability of ISO 9241-171 (Software Accessibility) and the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 to particular types of project and applications (45 mins)
- Understand the general content of accessibility legislation (UK Equality Act 2010 and Americans with Disabilities Act) (15 mins)
Usability Reviews - 90 mins.
|Introduction and Approach||- Understand usability review as a method for evaluating usability, user experience and accessibility (15 mins)|
|Types of Usability Review||
- Understand the differences between informal usability review and expert usability review (15 mins)
- Analyze the usability aspects of a software application using the usability review method “heuristic evaluation” according to a checklist provided in the syllabus (60 mins)
Usability Testing - 270 mins.
|Step-By-Step Approach to Usability Testing||- Understand the principal steps in the usability testing approach (15 mins)|
|Prepare Usability Test||
- Understand the content of a usability test plan (15 mins)
- Understand the content of a usability test script (15 mins)
- Define a simple usability test task for a given project (30 mins)
- Understand considerations to be applied when deciding on a location for usability tests (15 mins)
- Understand the advantages and disadvantages of a usability test lab (15 mins)
|Conduct Usability Test Sessions||- Understand the key activities in a usability test session (15 mins)|
|Analysis of Findings||
- Understand the procedure to apply for analyzing findings from a usability test (15 mins)
- Understand the classifications and ratings for usability findings (15 mins)
|Communicate Results and Findings||
- Review a usability test report for a given project (45 mins)
- Understand how to overcome internal resistance to usability findings (15 mins)
- Apply a given list of best practices to report and communicate results (30 mins)
|Quality Control of a Usability Test||- Understand the quality control activities for a usability test (15 mins)|
|Challenges and Frequent Mistakes||- Understand the most frequent and serious mistakes in usability testing (15 mins)|
User Surveys - 30 mins.
|Step-By-Step Approach to User Surveys||- Understand the purpose and approach adopted in user surveys (15 mins)|
|Standardized Questionnaires||- Understand the principal content and objectives of the public user questionnaires SUS, SUMI and WAMMI (15 mins)|
Selecting Appropriate Methods - 40 mins.
|Criteria for Selecting a Method||- Select appropriate method(s) for verifying and validating usability, user experience and accessibility in a given project (40 mins)|
Summary of Roles and Responsibilities - 30 mins.
|Usability Tester||- Understand the principal tasks and responsibilities of the Usability Tester (15 mins)|
|Moderator and Note-Taker||- Understand the principal tasks and responsibilities of the Moderator and the NoteTaker (15 mins)|
Both ISTQB and veterans who’ve earned multiple certifications maintain that the best preparation for a ISTQB CT-UT professional certification exam is practical experience, hands-on training and practice exam. This is the most effective way to gain in-depth understanding of ISTQB CTFL - Usability Testing concepts. When you understand techniques, it helps you retain ISTQB Usability Testing knowledge and recall that when needed.