You have to pass the CT-UT exam to receive the certification from ISTQB. To increase the effectiveness of your study and make you familiar with the actual exam pattern, we have prepared this ISTQB Usability Testing sample questions. Our Sample ISTQB Certified Tester Usability Testing Practice Exam will give you more insight about both the type and the difficulty level of the questions on the ISTQB CTFL - Usability Testing exam.
However, we are strongly recommending practice with our Premium ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level - Usability Testing (CT-UT) Practice Exam to achieve the best score in your actual ISTQB CT-UT Exam. The premium practice exam questions are more comprehensive, exam oriented, scenario-based and exact match of ISTQB Certified Tester Usability Testing exam questions.
ISTQB Usability Testing Sample Questions:
01. You are asked to evaluate the usability of a specialized medical software application. Due to time and budget constraints, it is not possible to include users in the evaluation process.
Which of the following is a valid approach for evaluating the usability in this case?
a) Accessibility Evaluation
b) Usability testing
c) User surveys
d) Usability Review
02. If a company has just launched a new mobile application, what information would they expect to get from a usability evaluation?
a) An understanding of the users’ satisfaction with the software
b) An understanding of any learnability issues with the software
c) An assessment of the efficiency and effectiveness of the software
d) An assessment of the market reception of the software and predictive sales information
03. Which of the following laws specifically requires private websites to be accessible to blind or visually impaired Internet users?
a) The Equality Act
b) The Americans with Disabilities Act
c) The Rehabilitation Act
d) Section 508
04. Your organization needs to create a usability survey that will gather the information needed to evaluate and improve the usability of your new product. Who should be responsible for these tasks?
a) The usability test moderator
b) The usability tester
c) The test manager
d) The project manager
05. What is an important component of an effective usability review?
a) A detailed design document
b) Screen layouts and narrative descriptions
c) A visible user interface, either real or simulated
d) A list of known usability issues
06. In a project that is employing usability evaluation practices, which of the following should come first?
a) Formative testing
b) Summative testing
c) Formative and summative should occur at the same time during requirements gathering
d) Formative and summative should occur at the same time during design
07. While doing the usability re-design, the developers asked several user representatives for early feedback. However, feedback was inconsistent. When they implemented the code, the developers ignored some of the feedback.
Given this information, what is the best approach to use to verify the usability?
a) A usability review should be used to ensure that the design is optimal
b) A usability test should be conducted to ensure the feedback is not dismissed as opinion
c) A usability maturity assessment should be conducted to ensure the team is using best practices
d) A formative usability analysis should be conducted to ensure the design contains important usability characteristics
08. What is the purpose of the evaluation step in the human-centered design process?
a) To reduce the need for requirements analysis
b) To simplify the design process
c) To implement feedback and improve the product until the usability requirements are achieved
d) To allow the user to see and use versions of the software as it evolves
09. If a user has become confused and frustrated during a test session, what actions should the moderator take?
a) The moderator should help the user and provide instructions as needed to get them back on track
b) The moderator should point the user to the documentation but should not help
c) The moderator should wait until the user is blocked before helping the user move to the next test task
d) The moderator should have no interaction with the user regardless of how confused or frustrated the user gets
10. When conducting quality control activities for a usability test, why should you observe the first two or three test sessions?
a) To ensure the sessions are conducted in accordance with the usability test script
b) To ensure the sessions are conducted in accordance with the usability test plan
c) To ensure the sessions are conducted by a test manager
d) To ensure the sessions are documented properly in the test management system
If you find any errors or typos in ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level - Usability Testing (CT-UT) sample question-answers or online ISTQB CTFL - Usability Testing practice exam, please report them to us on email@example.com