You have to pass the PHR exam to receive the certification from HRCI. To increase the effectiveness of your study and make you familiar with the actual exam pattern, we have prepared this sample questions. Our Sample HRCI Professional in Human Resources Practice Exam will give you more insight about both the type and the difficulty level of the questions on the HRCI PHR exam.
However, we are strongly recommending practice with our Premium HRCI Professional in Human Resources (PHR) Practice Exam to achieve the best score in your actual HRCI PHR Exam. The premium practice exam questions are more comprehensive, exam oriented, scenario-based and exact match of HRCI Professional in Human Resources exam questions.
HRCI HR Professional Sample Questions:
01. Which is not one of the leadership practices that Kouzes and Posner identify for effective leadership?
02. Is it possible for employment policies (as laid out in the employee handbook) to take precedence over union contracts?
a) If there is a conflict between the union contract and the employer’s policies, the contract will always win.
b) If a conflict arises, then the policy will always prevail.
c) Whenever there are different provisions in a union contract and employer policy, the differences must be arbitrated to resolution.
d) It is up to the manager of the unit involved to determine which will be applied in a given situation.
03. Which two fields in applicant tracking systems should not be shared with hiring managers?
a) Applicant’s age
b) Applicant’s self-identification of race and sex
c) Applicant’s desired compensation
d) Applicant’s self-identification of disabled and veteran status
04. What HR data must be carefully accounted in order for public companies to comply with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act?
a) Number of applicants
b) Labor supply and demand
c) Salaries, training costs, and paid time off
d) Number of open enrollment participants
05. The process that systematically surveys and interprets relevant and external data about the economy, government, laws, and demographic factors to identify external opportunities and threats is called what?
a) Human resource audit
b) Environmental scanning
c) Employee engagement survey
d) Equal employment opportunity (EEO) analysis
06. Which of the following two benefits are taxable?
a) Disability benefits when employer pays the premium
b) Employee-paid disability benefits when purchased with after-tax dollars
c) Base pay
d) Work-related company vehicle use
07. Besides the monetary investment made in an employee, what is the greatest drawback of employee turnover?
a) Loss of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
b) New employees will need to be hired, causing a burden to the HR department.
c) The loss of that employee will impact the morale of the whole team.
d) New employees will need more intense supervision, therefore causing additional time and resources for the organization.
08. Which of the following best describes individuals who may have the qualifications for a job but are not actively looking for job opportunities?
a) A manager
b) Passive candidates
c) An employee
d) Active candidates
09. During a training session, a colleague says, “This is really similar to the software I developed at XYZ company ten years ago.” Which principle of Malcolm Knowles’ adult learning theory is best expressed by this statement?
c) Adult learner experience
d) Mutual respect
10. In calculating regular wages, in what situations must the accounting manager pay all nonexempt employees?
a) The employee arrives to work an hour early in an effort to beat the traffic.
b) Commuting time to and from the office.
c) Pay wages 8–9 a.m. (shift starts at 10 a.m.) due to time spent waiting to hear whether the company will be open due to a snow storm.
d) Pay wages 8–9 a.m. (shift starts at 8 a.m.) due to time spent waiting for the product to arrive to be able to inspect it.
Answer: b, d
Answer: a, c
If you find any errors or typos in HRCI Professional in Human Resources (PHR) sample question-answers, please report them to us on firstname.lastname@example.org