To achieve the professional designation of ISTQB Certified Tester Advanced Level - Test Analyst from the ISTQB, candidates must clear the CTAL-TA Exam with the minimum cut-off score. For those who wish to pass the ISTQB Test Analyst certification exam with good percentage, please take a look at the following reference document detailing what should be included in ISTQB CTAL-Test Analyst Exam preparation.
The ISTQB CTAL-TA Exam Summary, Body of Knowledge (BOK), Sample Question Bank and Practice Exam provide the basis for the real ISTQB Certified Tester Advanced Level - Test Analyst (CTAL-TA) exam. We have designed these resources to help you get ready to take ISTQB Certified Tester Advanced Level - Test Analyst (CTAL-TA) exam. If you have made the decision to become a certified professional, we suggest you take authorized training and prepare with our online premium ISTQB Test Analyst Practice Exam to achieve the best result.
ISTQB CTAL-TA Exam Summary:
|ISTQB Certified Tester Advanced Level - Test Analyst
|Number of Questions
|Multiple Choice Questions
|ISTQB CTAL-Test Analyst Exam Sample Questions and Answers
|ISTQB Certified Tester Advanced Level - Test Analyst (CTAL-TA) Practice Test
ISTQB Test Analyst Syllabus Topics:
The Test Analyst’s Tasks in the Test Process - 150 mins.
|Testing in the Software Development Lifecycle
|- Explain how and why the timing and level of involvement for the Test Analyst varies when working with different software development lifecycle models
|- Summarize the appropriate tasks for the Test Analyst when conducting analysis activities
- Explain why test conditions should be understood by the stakeholders
- For a given project scenario, select the appropriate design level for test cases (highlevel or low-level)
- Explain the issues to be considered in test case design
|- Summarize the appropriate tasks for the Test Analyst when conducting test implementation activities
|- Summarize the appropriate tasks for the Test Analyst when conducting test execution activities
The Test Analyst's Tasks in Risk-Based Testing - 60 mins.
|The Test Analyst’s Tasks in Risk-Based Testing
|- For a given situation, participate in risk identification, perform risk assessment and propose appropriate risk mitigation
Test Techniques - 630 mins.
|Black-Box Test Techniques
- Analyze a given specification item(s) and design test cases by applying equivalence partitioning
- Analyze a given specification item(s) and design test cases by applying boundary value analysis
- Analyze a given specification item(s) and design test cases by applying decision table testing
- Analyze a given specification item(s) and design test cases by applying state transition testing
- Explain how classification tree diagrams support test techniques
- Analyze a given specification item(s) and design test cases by applying pairwise testing
- Analyze a given specification item(s) and design test cases by applying use case testing
- Analyze a system, or its requirement specification, in order to determine likely types of defects to be found and select the appropriate black-box test technique(s)
|Experience-Based Test Techniques
- Explain the principles of experience-based test techniques and the benefits and drawbacks compared to black-box and defect-based test techniques
- Identify exploratory tests from a given scenario
- Describe the application of defect-based test techniques and differentiate their use from black-box test techniques
|Applying the Most Appropriate Test Techniques
|- For a given project situation, determine which black-box or experience-based test techniques should be applied to achieve specific goals
Testing Software Quality Characteristics - 180 mins.
|Quality Characteristics for Business Domain Testing
- Explain what test techniques are appropriate to test the functional completeness, functional correctness and functional appropriateness
- Define the typical defects to be targeted for the functional completeness, functional correctness and functional appropriateness characteristics
- Define when the functional completeness, correctness and appropriateness characteristics should be tested in the software development lifecycle
- Explain the approaches that would be suitable to verify and validate both the implementation of the usability requirements and the fulfillment of the user's expectations
- Explain the role of the Test Analyst in interoperability testing including identification of the defects to be targeted
- Explain the role of the Test Analyst in portability testing including identification of the defects to be targeted
- For a given set of requirements, determine the test conditions required to verify the functional and/or non-functional quality characteristics within the scope of the Test Analyst
Reviews - 120 mins.
|Using Checklists in Reviews
- Identify problems in a requirements specification according to checklist information provided in the syllabus
- Identify problems in a user story according to checklist information provided in the syllabus
Test Tools and Automation - 90 mins.
|- For a given scenario determine the appropriate activities for a Test Analyst in a keyword-driven testing project
|Types of Test Tools
|- Explain the usage and types of test tools applied in test design, test data preparation and test execution
Both ISTQB and veterans who’ve earned multiple certifications maintain that the best preparation for a ISTQB CTAL-TA professional certification exam is practical experience, hands-on training and practice exam. This is the most effective way to gain in-depth understanding of ISTQB CTAL-Test Analyst concepts. When you understand techniques, it helps you retain ISTQB Test Analyst knowledge and recall that when needed.