You have to pass the CTAL-TA exam to receive the certification from ISTQB. To increase the effectiveness of your study and make you familiar with the actual exam pattern, we have prepared this ISTQB Test Analyst sample questions. Our Sample ISTQB Certified Tester Advanced Level - Test Analyst Practice Exam will give you more insight about both the type and the difficulty level of the questions on the ISTQB CTAL-Test Analyst exam.
However, we are strongly recommending practice with our Premium ISTQB Certified Tester Advanced Level - Test Analyst (CTAL-TA) Practice Exam to achieve the best score in your actual ISTQB CTAL-TA Exam. The premium practice exam questions are more comprehensive, exam oriented, scenario-based and exact match of ISTQB Certified Tester Advanced Level - Test Analyst exam questions.
ISTQB Test Analyst Sample Questions:
01. Which of the following test techniques is most applicable for interoperability testing?
a) Error guessing
b) Domain analysis
c) Defect-based testing using taxonomies
d) Combinatorial testing
02. You have recently started a new job as a Test Analyst for a company that specializes in providing books and magazines for visually impaired consumers.
You have been assigned the usability area and the project started on the same day you arrived. The deployment date is in one week. What technique will you use on your first day?
a) Review the test basis
b) Interview the customer
c) Verify the SUMI results
d) Send a questionnaire to the target users
03. On the last project, insufficient resources were allocated for the configuration testing. When should this area be addressed for the next project?
a) During planning
b) During implementation
c) During execution
d) During closure
04. You are testing a login program that requires the password to be between 3 and 10 characters. Which of the following sets of test data would provide coverage for all the equivalence classes with the least number of tests?
a) 333, 1234567890
b) 22, AAA, 1234567890, 12345678901
c) -1, 0, 55555, 123456789a!
d) 1, 55555, 12345678901
05. Which of the following would normally be delivered by the Test Analyst as part of the Test Closure activities?
a) Open defect reports and known workarounds
b) Finalized requirements specifications
c) Use cases and/or user stories depending on the SDLC
d) Quality risk analysis
06. You want to test a new e-commerce application using exploratory testing. Which of the following would be a good charter to use to guide the testing of a particular element of the software?
a) Purchase a variety of items using valid and invalid credit and debit cards
b) Log in and buy some items
c) Log in, search, buy items, remove some from the shopping cart, buy more
d) Test the e-commerce application by emulating a user
07. In the fundamental test process, when is test case priority / risk coverage assigned and when is that information used to determine execution sequence?
a) Test Planning and Test Execution
b) Test Analysis and Test Execution
c) Test Design and Test Implementation
d) Test Implementation and Test Execution
08. You are preparing tests for UAT. There is a large set of existing test cases that have been used for the functional testing and you’d like to use those as a guideline for the UAT testers, allowing them to determine the data and exact steps they will use.
Which of the following test techniques would be most suitable to use in this situation?
a) Error guessing
c) Use case
09. Why would a tester use a cause-effect graph?
a) To show decision logic in a graphical form
b) To show state changes and events that drive transitions
c) To show the results of domain analysis
d) To show the tester how to proceed with error guessing
10. What is the Test Analyst’s primary role in creating keyword-driven automation?
a) To supply data for the automated scripts
b) To supply data and keywords that the automation software will use to drive the software to the point where it will use the supplied data
c) To develop the test automation scripts in such a way as to reduce the maintenance costs
d) The Test Analyst’s role is limited to executing the developed scripts; all input is created by the Technical Test Analyst
If you find any errors or typos in ISTQB Certified Tester Advanced Level - Test Analyst (CTAL-TA) sample question-answers or online ISTQB CTAL-Test Analyst practice exam, please report them to us on email@example.com