You have to pass the aPHR exam to receive the certification from HRCI. To increase the effectiveness of your study and make you familiar with the actual exam pattern, we have prepared this sample questions. Our Sample HRCI Associate Professional in Human Resources Practice Exam will give you more insight about both the type and the difficulty level of the questions on the HRCI aPHR exam.
However, we are strongly recommending practice with our Premium HRCI Associate Professional in Human Resources (aPHR) Practice Exam to achieve the best score in your actual HRCI aPHR Exam. The premium practice exam questions are more comprehensive, exam oriented, scenario-based and exact match of HRCI Associate Professional in Human Resources exam questions.
HRCI HR Associate Professional Sample Questions:
01. The ADDIE model is an acronym that describes the five elements of __________ design.
d) Talent management
02. Which of the following terms refers to collapsing multiple pay ranges into a single-wide pay range?
a) Wide banding
b) Pay compression
c) Green circle rates
03. According to Maslow’s hierarchy theory, which need must first be met?
04. Which of the following compensates employees who arrive at work but find that no work is available?
a) On-call pay
b) Reporting time pay
c) Premium pay
d) Travel pay
05. HR metrics are measurements used to determine:
a) The amount of supplies such as pencils and printer toner to order
b) How many Disneyland discount tickets to arrange
c) The value and effectiveness of HR performance such as turnover, training, return on human capital, and expenses per employee
d) The annual holiday party budget
06. Under the factor comparison method, jobs are evaluated through the use of
a) Predetermined wage classes
b) A wage/salary conversion table
c) A scale based on compensable factors
d) A comparison with market pricing
07. Progressive discipline policies generally involve multiple levels of:
a) Management approval before a warning is possible
b) Increasingly severe disciplinary action
c) Employee appeal before disciplinary action
d) Supervisory explanation before approval of a warning
08. A private-sector employer does not have the right to:
a) Examine the contents of employee lockers and desks
b) Listen in on customer service representative phone calls with customers
c) Track drivers of company vehicles using GPS devices
d) Use cameras in the employee restroom to catch smokers who should not be smoking in the bathroom
09. Employment policies as laid out in the employee handbook can take precedence over union contracts.
a) If there is a conflict between the union contract and the employer’s policies, the contract will always win.
b) If a conflict arises, then the policy will always prevail.
c) Whenever there are different provisions in a union contract and employer policy, the differences must be arbitrated to resolution.
d) It is up to the manager of the unit involved to determine which will be applied in the given situation.
10. Occupational health is:
a) Using the most current scientific techniques to maintain employee attendance
b) An ultimate, unrealistic objective set by the government
c) Unrelated to personal health
d) A focus on the prevention of hazards in the workplace
If you find any errors or typos in HRCI Associate Professional in Human Resources (aPHR) sample question-answers, please report them to us on email@example.com