To achieve the professional designation of ISTQB Advanced Level Technical Test Analyst from the ISTQB, candidates must clear the CTAL-TTA Exam with the minimum cut-off score. For those who wish to pass the ISTQB Technical Test Analyst certification exam with good percentage, please take a look at the following reference document detailing what should be included in ISTQB CTAL-Technical Test Analyst Exam preparation.
The ISTQB CTAL-TTA Exam Summary, Body of Knowledge (BOK), Sample Question Bank and Practice Exam provide the basis for the real ISTQB Certified Tester Advanced Level - Technical Test Analyst (CTAL-TTA) exam. We have designed these resources to help you get ready to take ISTQB Advanced Level Technical Test Analyst (CTAL-TTA) exam. If you have made the decision to become a certified professional, we suggest you take authorized training and prepare with our online premium ISTQB Technical Test Analyst Practice Exam to achieve the best result.
ISTQB CTAL-TTA Exam Summary:
|ISTQB Advanced Level Technical Test Analyst
|Number of Questions
|51 / 78
|Multiple Choice Questions
|Books / Trainings
|ISTQB CTAL-Technical Test Analyst Exam Sample Questions and Answers
|ISTQB Certified Tester Advanced Level - Technical Test Analyst (CTAL-TTA) Practice Test
ISTQB Technical Test Analyst Syllabus Topics:
The Technical Test Analyst's Tasks in Risk-Based Testing - 30 mins.
|Risk-based Testing Tasks
- Summarize the generic risk factors that the Technical Test Analyst typically needs to consider
- Summarize the activities of the Technical Test Analyst within a risk-based approach for testing activities
White-Box Test Techniques - 300 mins.
|- Design test cases for a given test object by applying statement testing to achieve a defined level of coverage
|- Design test cases for a given test object by applying the Decision test technique to achieve a defined level of coverage
|Modified Condition/Decision Testing
|- Design test cases for a given test object by applying the modified condition/decision test technique to achieve full modified condition/decision coverage (MC/DC)
|Multiple Condition Testing
|- Design test cases for a given test object by applying the multiple condition test technique to achieve a defined level of coverage
|- Understand the applicability of API testing and the kinds of defects it finds
|Selecting a White-box Test Technique
|- Select an appropriate white-box test technique according to a given project situation
Static and Dynamic Analysis - 180 mins.
- Use control flow analysis to detect if code has any control flow anomalies and to measure cyclomatic complexity
- Use data flow analysis to detect if code has any data flow anomalies
- Propose ways to improve the maintainability of code by applying static analysis
|- Apply dynamic analysis to achieve a specified goal
Quality Characteristics for Technical Testing - 345 mins.
|General Planning Issues
- For a particular scenario, analyze the non-functional requirements and write the respective sections of the test plan
- Given a particular product risk, define the particular non-functional test type(s) which are most appropriate
- Understand and explain the stages in an application’s software development lifecycle where non-functional testing should typically be applied
- For a given scenario, define the types of defects you would expect to find by using the different non-functional test types
- Explain the reasons for including security testing in a test approach
- Explain the principal aspects to be considered in planning and specifying security tests
- Explain the reasons for including reliability testing in a test approach
- Explain the principal aspects to be considered in planning and specifying reliability tests
- Explain the reasons for including performance testing in a test approach
- Explain the principal aspects to be considered in planning and specifying performance testing
|- Explain the reasons for including maintainability testing in a test approach
|- Explain the reasons for including portability testing in a test approach
|- Explain the reasons for including coexistence testing in a test approach
Reviews - 165 mins.
|Technical Test Analyst Tasks in Reviews
|- Explain why review preparation is important for the Technical Test Analyst
|Using Checklists in Reviews
- Analyze an architectural design and identify problems according to a checklist provided in the syllabus
- Analyze a section of code or pseudo-code and identify problems according to a checklist provided in the syllabus
Test Tools and Automation - 180 mins.
|Defining the Test Automation Project
- Summarize the activities that the Technical Test Analyst performs when setting up a test automation project
- Summarize the differences between data-driven and keyword-driven automation
- Summarize common technical issues that cause automation projects to fail to achieve the planned return on investment
- Construct keywords based on a given business process
|Specific Test Tools
- Summarize the purpose of tools for fault seeding and fault injection
- Summarize the main characteristics and implementation issues for performance testing tools
- Explain the general purpose of tools used for web-based testing
- Explain how tools support the practice of model-based testing
- Outline the purpose of tools used to support component testing and the build process
- Outline the purpose of tools used to support mobile application testing
Both ISTQB and veterans who’ve earned multiple certifications maintain that the best preparation for a ISTQB CTAL-TTA professional certification exam is practical experience, hands-on training and practice exam. This is the most effective way to gain in-depth understanding of ISTQB CTAL-Technical Test Analyst concepts. When you understand techniques, it helps you retain ISTQB Technical Test Analyst knowledge and recall that when needed.