You have to pass the CTAL-TM exam to receive the certification from ISTQB. To increase the effectiveness of your study and make you familiar with the actual exam pattern, we have prepared this sample questions. Our Sample ISTQB Certified Tester Advanced Level - Test Manager Practice Exam will give you more insight about both the type and the difficulty level of the questions on the ISTQB CTAL-TM exam.
However, we are strongly recommending practice with our Premium ISTQB Certified Tester Advanced Level - Test Manager Practice Exam to achieve the best score in your actual ISTQB CTAL-TM Exam. The premium practice exam questions are more comprehensive, exam oriented, scenario-based and exact match of ISTQB Certified Tester Advanced Level - Test Manager exam questions.
ISTQB Test Manager Sample Questions:
01. Which of the following is a project risk mitigation step that you might take as a test manager?
a) Testing for performance problems
b) Hiring a contractor after a key test analyst quits
c) Procuring extra test environments in case one fails during testing
d) Performing a project retrospective using test results
02. Which of the following is a test document in which you would you expect to find the preconditions to start executing a level of testing?
a) Defect report
b) Test plan
c) Test case
d) Project plan
03. Identify two of the following topics that you could address in a test tool strategy document.
a) List of each of the tools that will be purchased
b) Selection of pilot projects for particular tools
c) Best practices gleaned from other organizations using similar tools
d) List of the programmers developing the applications under test
e) Specific quality risk items for each application under test
04. Which of the following is the most likely reason a user might be included in test execution?
a) Their management expertise
b) Their testing expertise
c) Their application domain knowledge
d) Their technical expertise
05. Which of the following is an example of a cost of internal failure?
a) Finding a bug during testing
b) Training developers in secure coding practices
c) Designing test cases
d) Fixing a customer-detected bug
06. Which of the following is a best practice for retrospective meetings that will lead to process improvement?
a) Ensuring management commitment to implement improvements
b) Allowing retrospective participants to rely exclusively on subjective assessment
c) Requiring that every project include a retrospective meeting in its closure activities
d) Prohibiting any management staff from attending the retrospective meeting
07. Which of the following is a risk associated with test management tools?
a) Untrained staff misuse complex classification fields.
b) False positives result when inappropriate tests are automated.
c) Test managers gain insight into trends that span multiple projects.
d) Programmers introduce new defects when modifying code to comply with coding standards.
08. Which of the following applications is most likely to require a custom-built automated test execution tool?
a) An accounting application running on Windows PCs
b) A spreadsheet application running on a browser
c) An email application running on Linux PCs
d) An embedded application running on an iPod
09. During a formalized quality risk analysis session following the failure mode and effect analysis technique, you are calculating risk priorities. Which of the following are major factors in this calculation?
a) Severity and priority
b) Functionality, reliability, usability, efficiency, maintainability, and portability
c) Loss of a key contributor on the test team
d) Loss of a key contributor on the development team
10. Which of the following is a risk of outsourced testing that might not apply to distributed testing?
a) Selection of an improper test partner
b) Communication problems created by time zone differences
c) Insufficient skills in some of the test team members
d) Inconsistent test processes across the testing locations
Answer: b, c
If you find any errors or typos in ISTQB Certified Tester Advanced Level - Test Manager (CTAL-TM) sample question-answers, please report them to us on firstname.lastname@example.org